Our biggest boy is (a little more than) half way to three years old. How did this happen?! He's growing up so fast. Each day he says something new that shows us a whole new concept he seems to be understanding. If only the time could slow down a bit so I could catch up and utilize it a bit more effectively! But, one thing Matthan has plenty of is FUN!
Matthan's loves to sing-and its especially funny to hear him make up his own words/sounds where he doesn't know the correct words. His favorite song lately... YOU ARE STRONGER. He sings along at very high decibels pointing in the air as he sings the chorus. Asher follows along too. Its very cute.
We are constantly wondering how he is coming up with some of the things he's doing/saying lately. Recently, he asked for "skates" I couldn't figure out what he was talking about until he asked me to open the pantry. My sweet boy wanted tops of tupperware to use to "skate" on the floor. Even cuter was watching him try to teach Asher to do the same as he had his arm around him. I know where was the camera? Not nearby that's for sure.
Daily he asks Mark, " How was your day Daddy?" and if Mark doesn't immediately ask how his day was- he will say "how was my day?" he then waits for Mark to ask him how his day was and he always responds "Pretty Good" then he scrunches his nose as he smiles. Precious.
He has a great imagination. He loves listening to made up stories (especially about big bears and big cows) and adding his own endings. Today he asked me "mommy where are your sunglasses?" I said "I don't know". He said "Don't worry I'll find them, I'm on the rescue squad." Where in the world does he get this stuff?
He still loves cars. The movie Cars is certainly one if not the all time favorite around here. Both boys love it. He loves gathering his cars and "racing". Above is a race he set up.
He seems so grown up sometimes. He has been much more obedient- and often gives warning to Asher of the importance of obeying mommy and daddy. :O) He loves "Ash", as he calls him. He really is a wonderful big brother. Very protective of Asher, making sure he doesn't eat or drink something he shouldn't. Often he will say "Im so sorry Ash, you can't eat that it will make you sick". So sweet.
He took very seriously holding onto the rope in front of him. He barely smiled the whole time! Yet talks about it like it was the time of his life! :O)
He is very perceptive of all thats going on around him. Recently something happened that tempted me to anger--and I raised my voice to Matthan. Later, he came up to me and said "Are you angry with me mommy?". I remember my first thought was..."you are 2 years old-how in the world are you aware/asking this?" Followed by sharing with Matthan that "yes mommy was angry"- and asking his forgiveness. What a monumental moment in being a mother thus far. I was grateful and humbled by my little boy and his words. I began to consider how important it is to be a good example for him. This doesn't mean I will not sin against him, but that I would model for him what it means to ask God and others for forgiveness when we sin. An opportunity to share the reason we need a Savior with my little boy.
***We are WAY behind in posting on this blog. More pics and posts to come! :O)
1 comment:
oh Bran, you can only be a good mommy so do not ever forget this. Your patience is astounding. i am proud of you. The pictures are great and I wondered if you were going to blog about the potty train. love you...mom
Post a Comment