Matthan turned 22 months old on October 2. While last month seemed to go by quickly, we want to be sure and note any new things we've noticed with him. He has certainly kept us laughing with the things he says. One day in the car, he was in his seat and throwing what seemed like a fit- for some unknown reason. I instructed him by saying "Matthan you may not get angry, you must ask for what you need". Not sure if "need" was the best way to word things...but in the moment it sounded right. He looked at me- and I said "What do you need?" and he got this very cute look on his face and asked "What do I need?". I couldn't keep from laughing. Often when he is being corrected for something and I am speaking to him firmly- he says "What's the matter?" I'm not sure if its what he is saying or how he is saying it that makes it so funny. Certainly a time for self control!
One of the sweetest things to watch is when he is interacting with Asher, he calls him Buddy. He'll say- "Oh no Buddy" or "Come here Buddy". I love watching the two of them interact and especially when he guides Asher to crawl after him and they play chase- both of them laughing. SO PRECIOUS. If Matthan hears Asher crying in his bed or in another room he says loudly "It's ok Baby, I'm comin!!! :o)".
A few weeks ago, at lunch one day, Matthan started singing a song. At first we couldn't recognize what he was saying- but then it clicked. Holy, Holy, Holy. We honestly have no idea where he heard this song, however, its become his favorite. He requests that we sing it to him every night when he is going to bed- and he sings along with us. Sweet times.
Matthan still loves going outside as much as possible and he has endless amounts of energy! He is doing better with going to bed. His protesting time has significantly been reduced- though there is still some room for improvement. He is such a social guy and loves being with his family, so naturally going to bed is no fun for him. But thankfully, once he's asleep he stays that way nearly 12+ hours.
A highlight this past month was that his Mimi came to visit. Matthan certainly enjoyed all the attention he got from his grandmother! Sadly, we didn't do a good job of taking pictures- but hope to post a few in blog posts coming soon.
Note: Sorry for the lack of photo's, we've had a few issues with uploading pictures which we are correcting. In the meantime, I'm trying to catch up on blog posts and fill in pictures as we are able! :O)
1 comment:
Still I continue to view the blogs backwards. Oh what can I say. ALL the blogs from after I left to current punkin patch are awesome. Again Bran you are so good at this. Dont worry about no pictures of Mimi its really no big deal. I was just so thrilled to spent so much time with all 4 of you. The boys, my grandsons are so much fun and I was sooooo happy to be with them and act like a kid with them. looking forward to seeing you real soon. love mimi
Post a Comment