Thursday, December 2, 2010

Today you are two.

Dear Matthan-

I cannot believe that it has been 2 years since the Lord gave you to your Daddy and me. Unbelievable. You have blessed our lives in so many ways, so much so, that I know it will take years before I can adequately communicate it all to you. We never could have imagined how our lives would change by having you. Our hearts are full, and daily we are amazed at the kindness of the Lord in giving us such a precious gift. There is so much we appreciate about you, but I wanted to share with you a few of the things that stand out the most to us.

-You have a compassionate heart. You are sensitive to the needs and emotions of others, and you are a sweetly affectionate little guy. Whether you are hugging or just spending time with others, you care for them in a tender way. Its amazing to me that at 2 years old you can pickup on so much that goes on around you.

-You are polite and eager to greet others. You often say please and thank you without being prompted. You will even thank me, and if I don't immediately respond, you will say "your welcome". You cheerfully greet those you meet. You even will yell across a store to a stranger to say hello. I think it amazes people- and me too, that you will pick out people (who are often not paying attention to you) and greet them. It's really neat to watch how a strangers demeanor completely changes when a vibrant little guy enthusiastically says hello or goodbye to them.

-You have a great love for your family. You love your parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. You are a wonderful big brother to Asher, and sometimes, have a hard time containing your excitement when you see him. You bring your Daddy and I so much joy. You make us laugh at your many expressions and unique sayings. You are wise beyond your years, which often leaves us wondering what in the world we are to do next in training you.

You, Matthan, are a "gift from the Lord". We treasure you immensely. It is a tremendous privilege to be your parents. We are so eager to see all the ways the Lord will use you in the lives of others. Daily, He uses you to teach me so much about myself, and about His great love for us. We pray God will save you at a very young age, and that these and the many other gifts, He has given you, will be used for His Glory alone. Happy Birthday to our precious son. We love you.

Two years ago.

One year ago.

Our 2 year old.

**More photos, milestones and stats to be posted next week after Matthan's 2 year check up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Matthan. Can't wait to celebrate at your party tomorrow (sunday). I love you big 2 year old. Love, Mimi.