Thursday, December 30, 2010

asher's 11 months.

Oh dear- Im SO behind- Asher is about to turn 1 and Im just now posting his 11 month info!!!


Food update....Asher is eating more food- but certainly prefers his orange/yellow veggies which has resulted in a nose of the same color! The only fruit he'll eat are banana's! We are trying to give him more "real" foods as opposed to the baby food- but that's a pretty slow process.


Allergies: He had his scariest reaction to date this past month. I had given him a chip- which I had read-and re-read the label for and didn't see anything that should cause him to react. He had a couple bites which in total equaled the size of one small chip. He suddenly started breathing very hard, his neck/throat area were very red and before our eyes his lips were swelling and blistering. Needless to say, I was panicked, I gave him Benedryl as I was calling the doctor on one phone and Mark on the other at the same time. I was contemplating giving him his epi-pen shot, but thankfully he responded to the Benedryl very quickly. His poor lips remained swollen and blistered throughout the day. Lesson learned: Read-Re-read-and Read again the labels!!!!! Buttermilk was the ingredient I had somehow overlooked. He is in the process of weaning from nursing-and therefore taking three bottles a day. Not quite sure when we'll be able to wean from the bottle---we certainly have to increase his food intake a bit more before that will happen!


Sleep: Asher is doing SO much better with going to sleep for naps and bedtime. As long as its within his sleepy window of time and he has a full tummy, often he can just be placed in his bed and he will lay down on his own and go right to sleep.


I cannot express how delighted I am to have at least one little one who goes to bed somewhat easily! God knows our needs!!!:O) He still wakes 1-2 times during the night-although this past month I think we may have had a night or two when he slept all night. Praise God- we hope more restful nights are coming our way!


Mobility/Babbling: Asher is always on the go- crawling quickly, climbing on things, trying to climb out of the pack-n-play at times. He does his best to keep up with his brother. As of his 11 month "birth date marker" he had not taken any steps....(though that's changed now, but that will be in his 1 year post) He loves wrestling with Matthan, and he is often the initiator of this.

As of 11 months he still only says Mama, Dada, Bye Bye-but lots of babbling. He claps his hands lots and loves to dance along to any music. Just like his big brother at this age he loves "If you're happy and you know it" and playing Peek-a-boo. His favorite toy is his tractor/wagon, he loves it and will go back forth from the kitchen to the living room pushing it for long periods of time.

He continues to have a sweet and playful demeanor. He seems to enjoy when others laugh at the fun things he does. He brings us MUCH joy.
Happy 11 months baby boy!

No comments: