In wanting to savor every moment before he turns three- which seems like he's really out of the "little boy stage"-though im not sure I'll ever really view him that way! :o) I thought I'd list some of the things I appreciate most about him & some of the things that stand out at this stage he's in...
Though the list is truly endless, here are some of the things I love most about you Matthan...
-You ALWAYS wake up cheerful in the morning and eager to begin your day (very early sometimes!)
-You are very compassionate. You pay close attention to the facial expression or behavior of others (even in books) and often inquire why someone seems sad or angry. I know when I've had a hard day, you quickly will ask me whats the matter, and you always want to shower me with affection.
-You want to know details about everything. (just like daddy). You ask lots of questions about most anything you interact with until you fully understand the who/what/when/where/why etc.
-Two things you love almost as much as our family---cars and all things having to do with the farm. You are fascinated with every piece of equipment, animal, person working on any farm. You have recently started telling us long stories about how you are leaving to go to work on the farm and you proceed to tell me all the things you will do while you are there.
-You have an exceptionally good memory. You are quickly able to memorize stories we read, bible verses, directions of how to drive somewhere, names, etc.
-You love your little brother. You can't wait for him to wake up in the morning or from a nap- and you are always eager to greet him right away. You are so sweet whenever someone tells you they are going to do something for you- or give you a gift, you immediately say "what about Asher?" You are protective of him (what he eats), seeking to care for him if ever there is a need. I pray this never changes.
-You love to run and run and run if we go to the park. You literally seem as though you could go for miles. :o)
-You spontaneously tell us you love us and that we are your best friends. You give sweet hugs, and always greet us cheerfully if ever we are away from you.
-You seem to like order, with you there is always a right and wrong way to do things-that doesn't mean you choose the "right" thing, but you insist on things being a certain way.
-You love to race things. Riding toys especially, but if we don't have the space for that you will find something to race around the house with. You are quite fast and weave in and out furniture or people or whatever obstacle might be in your way. :o)
1 comment:
I haven't commented in forever. But I read all your posts, Brandy. Thanks for sharing your life with us!
After I saw what wrote about Matthan memorizing everything, I thought you might be interested in Classical Conversations (http://www.classicalconversations.com/) - a home education program using the classical model which starts with memory work for children as young as 4. James LOVES it! (and they have a group in Frederick.)
Miss you! It sure seems like you are doing well. I would love to have you down sometime - maybe in January?
Post a Comment