I've been meaning to post a few things about this pregnancy- mostly just for my records, but having the time to do that has been hard to come by. I've been trying to consider the differences in the three different pregnancies- its funny how quickly it all becomes a blur and I can't remember what I felt with which baby. :)
Here are a few things I remember:
Matthan:
Began getting sick around 8-9 wks until 14-15 wks. Sick but managable- given I worked during my pregnancies. I had cravings/aversions early and long lasting. I couldn't eat chicken for almost the entire pregnancy. I loved chips/salsa & french fries. And around the third trimester I chomped on ice literally around the clock. :) While in the womb he was very calm always giving perfect profile shots- and rather laid back. I felt lots of movement starting around 18-19wks. I had very bad swelling from the start due to blood pressure issues and concerns for pre-eclampsia - which I did get after delivery. At somewhere between 17-20 wks we found out we were having a BOY! Total weight gain around 25 lbs. (lots of water weight due to swelling)
Asher:
Began getting sick around 9 wks. Sickness was mild and overall much easier compared to my first pregnancy. I can't remember many food aversions. I did love french fries (again), and third trimester brought my love of chomping on ice again-in an intense way! :) Not a lot of swelling until just before delivery. (except in my face-that came early) In the womb he was calm (like his brother) but I didn't feel very much movement the entire pregnancy due to having an anterior placenta. This means instead of the placenta being between the baby and your spine- mine was between the baby and my tummy. No blood pressure concerns and overall easier pregnancy. Week 16 my doctor made an early "guess" on the sex of the baby- said he was about 60% sure it was a GIRL- however at week 20 we found that to be incorrect- we were having another BOY! Total weight gain around 20 lbs.
This pregnancy:
I began getting sick at 3 weeks! This continued until around 13 weeks- and has been the most intense of the three. I did end up taking medication to manage my sickness- only briefly due to side effects. Very very sensitive to smells and particular foods. Currently im 17wks- and I have great difficulty eating chicken/most meat, and have no real appetite for anything in particular. I've desired/possibly craved milk (fat-free). No other cravings. Ive had other problems due to the roller coaster of hormone changes that I didn't have with the other two. So far not too much swelling. This baby in the womb is very active- hard to stay still for sonograms- constantly moving! I do have an anterior placenta AGAIN! Though Ive felt a few little movements likely because this one is so active- I likely won't feel alot of movement until later in the pregnancy. Weight gain so far is much less than previous pregnancies- but given I will be finishing up in the summer---I expect a good bit of swelling in the end. (Lord help me!)
Current update:
Yesterday we had a sonogram and every thing looks great. This baby is right on track with measurements- unlike my previous two-who measured almost 2 wks ahead from the start. Given I'm 17 wks- we were hopeful to learn of the sex of the baby- during the sonogram the sonographer said she was 90-98% sure of the sex of the baby (and told us what she thought/with pictures-etc), however our high risk doctor always double checks most of the important things in the scan- and so he checked and said- he was leaning toward the previous guess being accurate- but he just couldn't say for sure. (this is the same dr that guessed wrong last time-so we were grateful he just held back this time :)) This baby isn't so cooperative with sono's so its possible that's why its hard to tell - even though when the sonographer scanned it did seem clear. We therefore will have to wait til next month to know for sure on the sex of the baby. Our boys are super excited about the baby. Matthan has maintained he KNOWS its a girl (we've tried to prepare him for the possibility that this isn't accurate) and Asher goes along with pretty much whatever Matthan says. :) We'll see....April 17 is next appt.
(ill post a picture of the baby as soon as I get one scanned).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment