Thursday, April 19, 2012

God is working when we have NO IDEA!

A memorable parenting moment:

I was making lemonade (from a sugar-free mix-one of the little packets)- something I am not sure I have EVER done with or for my kids EVER. (not that there is anything wrong with this-just not been done in my house thus far). My kids recently had lemonade at a restaurant and loved it and have been asking for it ever since. So- today there I was making lemonade... Asher (2 yrs old) starts basically yelling at me from the table- "There is soy in it mommy, there is soy in it". I said- "Asher its lemonade- its fine- mommy is going to make this- its ok." He repeated this over and over again. I became a little frustrated (bad mom moment) and said- "Look Buddy- I get the box out of the trash-" I quickly scan the box- and nearly stopped breathing myself as I saw CONTAINS SOY! I didn't know whether to cry- or rejoice in the moment- I apologized to Asher- he looked at me like "I told you so".

There is NO explanation for Asher knowing there was soy in that lemonade. The only explanation I can come up with (easily in fact) is God was protecting my son. He loves Asher more than I do which is hard to grasp- but I am so grateful that He is working when we have NO CLUE and protecting our kids when we think we are doing everything just right- and when we fail miserably!

I hope that encourages you today in whatever this day brings to you!

Isn't God amazing?

(For anyone reading this who may not know, my boys have severe-life threatening food allergies. Matthan is allergic to eggs. Asher to milk, soy, wheat, eggs, and all nuts)

1 comment:

Laura said...

I cried when I read this brandy! God is so good.