Sunday, March 15, 2009

Transition.

Sometimes it feels like we are in an endless state of transition. Adjusting to the ever-changing seasons in our lives. Its a wonderful time to depend more fully on God as it's often in these times that our weaknesses are revealed.

After much contemplation, prayer, and seeking the input of others, we have decided to transfer to the Sovereign Grace Church of Frederick. Mark and I have been members of Covenant Life Church for 5-6 years. I actually moved from Nashville, TN 5 years ago to join this church. It's a bittersweet time of transition. We both love CLC, and we have been privileged to benefit from excellent teaching and care from the pastors, as well as the many care groups we have been a part of over the years. We made the decision to move to the church in Frederick for many reasons. One great benefit is it's 3 minutes away, certainly a more local church, and it would therefore afford us more opprotunities to serve and invest in the relationships nearby. We also look forward to reaching out to those around us as we invite them to church.

Sovereign Grace Church of Frederick was planted two years ago from Covenant Life. Both churches are part of Sovereign Grace Ministries which plants churches all over the world. So, while there will be a bit of an adjustment, the mission and values are exactly the same as what we are used to at CLC.

We will certainly miss our friends, many of whom have been like family to us. But we know that being 30 minutes down the road won't change those relationships. We look forward to what the Lord has in store for us as we join this new church. We pray for God's favor in establishing new relationships and growing in our relationship with the Lord.

3 comments:

Peter Bang said...

:(

Laura said...

Wow, what an exciting time! I know it's probably a hard transition, but I think it will be such a blessing for you guys to have a more "local" church, especially as Matthan grows. So though we will miss you it just means we will have to work all the harder to make sure we get to catch up with you! Love you guys.

Debbie said...

Exciting! And a bit sad... I'm delighted to hear how the Lord has led you. And I'm sad that we won't have an easy opportunity for you to swing over after church for a meal. But I'm grateful for blogs to let us keep up with you. May the Lord quickly plant you deeply in the life of Sov. Grace Church of Frederick. Love you!