Sunday, May 10, 2009

happy to be a mommy.


As I have anticipated this day of celebrating being a mom, as well as celebrating my own mom and others I know...I am filled with gratefulness. When I was a little girl there was nothing I wanted more than to be a wife and mommy! It is such a tremendous privilege to be the mommy to my sweet boy. I remember in the early days of his life, he was struggling with reflux and a lot of fussiness, I was convinced Matthan was declaring, " I want a new mommy!" A friend kindly reminded me, "even if he is wanting that- (which of course he wasn't), God gave him you!" God gave him me. Wow. What a honor.

Being a mother has been by far the most humbling experience of my life. Full of blessings, challenges, surprises and many sweet, sweet moments. I am often amazed that God would give me such a tremendous gift, clearly an expression of His amazing grace. While being a mother brings many joys, it comes with big responsibilities. What a high calling.


May I continue to seek the Lord for direction and strength as we enter into each new season together as a family. I am grateful to care for the soul of our little one alongside my husband. I pray most of all that Matthan will come to a saving faith and knowledge of God's love and sacrifice on his behalf. This is what's most important. May I be faithful to live my life in a manner worthy of the gospel (Philipians 1:27), and diligent to share the truth of God's word with my son, and to fear the Lord above all things. (Proverbs 31:30)

So, this day isn't about me, nor is the blog post really. It's about our wonderful God who never treats us as our sins deserve (Psalm 103:10). A God who is mighty to save (Zephaniah 3:17), and is abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness (Psalm 86:15). I am blessed to be a mother to my sweet Matthan Blue!

Happy Mothers Day Mom! And to all the mom's out there! :O)

5 comments:

Laura said...

I cried when I read this, because I felt just the same way when I woke up today! Happy Mothers Day Bran, Matthan is so blessed to have you for his Mama!

Debbie said...

Beautiful, Brandy... Happy Mother's Day! What a precious gift God has given us, no? I'm so glad we get to be mommies together! Love you.

Unknown said...

nice picture's! Keep em' coming!

-Marlon

David said...

Though I don't know you personally I believe I am in the same Church so I want to say God bless both of you and your child.

He is your Dieudonné (God-given gift).

Anonymous said...

well bran these blogs really do touch my heart. The one about mothers day made me weep. Happy Mothers Day to you. love mimi