Saturday, May 2, 2009

five months old.


Today our little guy turned 5 months old! It was pretty uneventful for him, but I spent sometime thinking back on that special day when he FINALLY entered the world! What a blessing to get to snuggle with the baby I'd felt moving around inside my tummy for what seemed like years! I remember the first night in the hospital, I wanted to follow everyone's advice and allow Matthan to go to the newborn nursery, however moments after I'd sent him on his way- I just started to cry- I told Mark- "What if he is looking around for us?", "He must wonder where he is, he has been in my tummy for 9 months and now he is laying in a see through box without us!" Mark graciously reassured me, and then took a walk to check on him in the nursery. He of course was having a great time- SLEEPING!

Well, 5 months later- he is a friendly boy who still prefers being home over any place else. Some of the highlights... He has mastered rolling from his tummy to his back- but then he can't flip back over which causes some trouble with sleeping. He loves laughing with his Daddy, and exploring new things. He is very easily distracted- I'll be trying to rock him to sleep and hear him laughing as he is looking at a picture of Mark and I.

He has started squealing-which is funny to hear- I think he shocks himself sometimes. He has found his feet- which I know Mark is especially excited about...we kept wondering if he would ever be able to reach them! While playing on his tummy he can scoot all over the place- but only backwards! :O) He has started scrunching his nose when he smiles~which is precious.


He still loves eating cereal. His spits up much less- though he still pretty much wears a bib all day just in case. For months now we have thought he was teething- he chews on everything and drools alot, but so far- no teeth in sight. He likes going for a stroll around the neighborhood- although he gets hot very quickly so we have to make it kind of short. He still enjoys bath time and loves to watch his little bath toys float around in the soapy water. Oh and this month he got to wear shorts for the first time!! :O)

Matthan is lots of fun and brings us so much joy. We continue to thank God for what a wonderful gift he is to us.

2 comments:

Peter Bang said...

ahhhh, he's so cute!

Anonymous said...

too, too, too cute. Perfect pictures. i still say he will be a lefty. Note in the first two pictures which hand is dominant, and you know what they say about left handers. he has grown so much since you were just here and crawling...oh so sweet. love to all. hi matthan, its mimi