Wednesday, April 29, 2009

two years.

Two years ago on April 28, Mark took me to Harpers Ferry, WV. When we started dating, this immediately became one of our favorite places to go together. That day we went for what I thought was just a relaxing walk to look at the beautiful scenery and taking some pictures. However, much to my surprise-when we arrived at Jefferson Rock, we spent time reading and praying together, and I opened my eyes to see Mark on one knee asking me to marry him!!!! I was completely SHOCKED! (huge understatement) I of course said "yes", after asking him a few times, "Are you sure???", followed by "I get to be your wife?" What a precious moment. There are lots of little details Im leaving out, Mark spent quite a while planning lots of little surprises along the way and of course and evening full of blessings for me. I was truly amazed by him, and most of all at what a wonderfully gracious God we have!

Mark is a wonderful husband. Daily I am reminded of the kindness of the Lord as I see God's love reflected through Mark's sacrificial love for me and our son. These past two years of life together (1 1/2 years married) have been quite FULL! There is no one in the world I'd rather spend it with than with Mark. He is much more than I could have ever hoped for in a husband. I look forward to all that God has in store for our little family in the years ahead. Thank you Mark for taking that HUGE step of faith two years ago, by asking me to marry you! I love you and am grateful to be your wife and the mommy to your baby boy!

This is a picture that was taken immediately after we got engaged.
(Jefferson Rock is behind us)

This year to celebrate, my very thoughtful husband arranged for his mom to take care of Matthan. The two of us went to Ruth's Chris Steak House for dinner, followed by seeing the movie EARTH together!


2 comments:

Peter Bang said...

awesome! love you guys!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL...it seems to have gone fast and what a great addition...MATTHAN BLUE...mimi