As I’ve been considering the past six months and even the nine before that, while I carried our little boy-I’m amazed at God. Matthan is such a gift from God. I can remember being single and having some medical concerns and being told that it would be very, very difficult for me to have children in the future. I remember at that time being devastated. I was so sad that something I’d desired for so long would likely never happen. Shortly after that I recall reading the story of Hannah in the Book of Samuel. As she too had desired a child and after some time –the Lord blessed her with her son. When we became pregnant with Matthan I too was shocked. I couldn’t believe that it seemed to happen with little difficulty. A miracle.
I knew then and I know now that it's not because my body somehow more easily worked things out to conceive a child or that we are more blessed than those who cannot have children. It just comes down to the truth that The Lord is who opens and closes the womb. All children are a gift from the Lord, and we are so grateful to have been blessed with our children. Yes, CHILDREN. We recently were very surprised to find out that we are expecting ANOTHER BABY this upcoming January. To be honest my initial though was “WHAT??” In an instant everything in me wanted to panic- as the timing wasn’t exactly what I would have preferred. But then the verse Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”, came into my mind, and I was reminded that GOD is who has planted this child in my womb- and HE is in control. HIS plan is what matters- and WE are rejoicing in HIS perfect plan for our lives.
We’d appreciate your prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy. So far I’ve had some sickness and fatigue, which is normal. We are 7 weeks as of tomorrow.
So- all this to say- Matthan is 6 months old and going to be a BIG BROTHER on or before January 20, 2010!! Happy Half a Year Birthday Baby Boy- We love you!
3 comments:
Congratulations Mark and Brandy! We are so happy for you!
WOW!!!! I saw the baby count down on the side and thought, "That can't be, it must be up from when you were pregnant with Matthan and it started over or something!" Hahaha.....congrats to you both! Life will really be changing for you soon!
awesome. I am so excited and I am sure it will get better for you soon. Just think about how sweet and precious Matthan Blue is an it will make you feel better. You probably just need me t be there to hold a wash cloth on your head. love mimi and a kiss and squeeze to Blue.
Post a Comment