Friday, January 22, 2010

big brother.

Life has been busy since we came home from the hospital two weeks ago. Asher has been doing great... eating, sleeping, eating, and sleeping some more. Matthan has been very active and full of lots of energy, which has kept us going non-stop. It's amazing how when you bring an eight pound baby home to your one year old, suddenly your toddler looks like a giant! Matthan has been growing and changing constantly. His vocabulary continues to expand- I can no longer keep track of all the words he can say, and his understanding of things is truly remarkable. He brings such joy to our lives.

We wanted to post some pictures of Matthan and to let everyone know he is doing a great job as a big brother. He becomes more and more interested in Asher each day. Matthan likes to walk over and check on the baby, and he often will say "Baby?" when he wants to know where he is. He also will lean into him to give him a hug or a kiss. He seems a little less excited to see his little brother in the key moments of the day when they both seem to need Mommy. But overall, Matthan is doing quite well, and we are grateful.




The boys sharing some Daddy time.


Matthan engrossed in his video. He is loving "WordWorld" these days!


Daddy went back to work last week....so Matthan had to take matters into his own hands when Mommy was occupied with Baby Asher....As you can see Matthan fell into the toy bucket! :O)


Silly boy!


As you can see the sleep deprivation is getting to all of us- Mark found Matthan sound asleep in this position....hand dangling out of the crib (above)


I guess he just crashed in this position- poor guy! :O)


Matthan Blue we are so proud of the Big Brother you've become, you are such a blessing to us!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I can not wait to see you all this weekend!! I need to keep tissues by the computer: between the photos and beautiful songs in the background, I am a total mess when I check your blog!! We love you guys so much...can't wait to see Asher and "big brother". xoxo

Crystal said...

That toy bucket picture is hilarious!