Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a:3

Asher is three months old. He is growing much too quickly! We enjoy him so much. He is such a happy baby, with a smile that really warms our hearts. Asher weighs 15 lbs 10 oz...I know that only because we had an unexpected doctors appointment this week- more on that in a minute.

(He loves his Bumbo seat! )

Asher's reflux seems to be getting better. He is now taking two medications, we hope to discontinue one of them soon. His eczema had gotten really bad and we concluded this was due to my drinking milk the day prior. So, since I have discontinued drinking milk his complexion is MUCH better. In fact, his skin looks perfectly clear. We are so glad he isn't so itchy, and as a result he's sleeping better. He has had two nights where he slept a longer stretch than normal. Typically he sleeps for 31/2-4 hours at first and then wakes every 3 hours thereafter. One night last week he slept for 7 1/2 hours and then slept another 3 hrs after that. Another night he slept around 5 hours before waking. He's still in the co-sleeper in our room, although this will likely change soon, as he's outgrowing it. We are trying to decide where to place him, his crib is in Matthan's room but we don't think we can put them together until he's consistently sleeping through the night.


Asher is still nursing full time, in fact he hasn't had a bottle since he was a couple weeks old. The doctor recommends we try giving him a bottle soon because the longer we wait the harder this process will be. And speaking of the doctor...Our poor baby had an injury yesterday. I opened the front door while holding him and as I propped open our glass door for Mark to carry something outside Asher's arm pressed against our front door. This typically wouldn't be a big deal, but due to very high temperatures lately, and the fact that our front door gets the morning sun- the door was extremely hot. Asher's arm has a burn on it. It was the most heartbreaking thing to see and listen to. We all cried. The doctor gave us cream to put on it for the next week. We are praying it won't leave a scar and that it will not get infected.

(This picture doesn't quite show how bad it was, but you get the idea)

As I mentioned before Asher is such a happy guy. I'm amazed at how much love God has given me for my two boys. To think that while I was pregnant I wondered if I'd be as attached to this little guy as I was to Matthan. There are NO concerns there!
I have quite a FULL heart for this very special gift from God.


Happy 3 months Asher Cannon, we love you!

No comments: