Matthan-17 months old:
No new stats, except that we weighed him the other day and he is still hanging in there at around 30 lbs. His vocabulary continues to expand. He now puts a couple of words together at times. He seems to understand a lot more than before- which I'm not sure if that's good or bad. :o) We often hear him repeating what he's heard us say- calling us by our first names, yelling to Asher to assure him we are on the way (from another room) :O), and taking in everything all around him.
A couple weeks ago, we were talking with him and we were having him repeat "I Love You" and I said, "Matthan can you say Jesus?" He then repeated me, and then I said "Jesus loves you"- I then said, can you say "Jesus Loves Me?" He repeated it, and then paused and looked up at me and said,"bible tell me so". Mark and I were stunned! I used to sing that to him when I gave him his bottle at night, but that's been quite a while- so to know he remembered that was such a sweet moment. We've been noticing him singing along to songs lately which is just so cute!
He's become a little more attached lately. He never had any type of seperation anxiety in the past when we'd leave him in the nursery at church or with a babysitter. But now, leaving him at the class at church is hard sometimes. And he even has a hard time sometimes if I go upstairs even for a few minutes. I think its just a phase that will hopefully pass soon.
Daily I pray for wisdom in training this little guy. He is quite the independent one-which requires alot of patience on my part. He seems to think he can just help himself to just about anything within reach. And in the last two days he's started climbing. He is non-stop and certainly keeps us on our toes!
He seems also to be growing in love for his little brother. If Matthan doesn't see Asher he starts asking about him. The other day he got down on the floor and layed his head on Asher's tummy while Asher was playing on his activity mat. I pray they will be good buddies soon.
Asher: 4 months old:
Stats to be posted next week after his check up. He can rollover, which we discovered a few weeks ago. I hadn't been doing much "tummy time", as placing the little guy on the floor can be dangerous if Matthan is around. So, I was shocked when I did put him down to see him immediately flip himself over.
Asher is babbling and cooing lots- and LOUDLY. Mark keeps saying he never remembered Matthan being so loud. :O) I think Asher is just enjoying hearing his voice! He is smiling most of the time- well, as long as he's being held. For some reason the last couple weeks he has had a hard time just sitting in his bouncy seat or playing on his mat. He wants to be with us. This is where he and Matthan are very different. Matthan has always been great to just hang out on his own- in fact he prefers it. Asher on the other hand, wants to be near us, so much so that he prefers to be holding onto us (literally) at all times. So I am sure there are many days ahead of teaching these boys to compromise.
Asher is sleeping somewhat better...some nights. The other night he slept from 8pm until 4:45am. This would have been wonderful had I not been waking constantly to check on him. But this has yet to be repeated. He still won't take a bottle-so Im not able to leave him for very long. His eczema still seems to come and go. His reflux pain seems well managed, but he still has LOTS of spitting up. Thankfully though he doesn't seem too uncomfortable.
Overall these boys keep us busy. Thankfully, they have gotten on the same morning schedule routine which means I am able to have a moment to myself at times, or a good nap if I need one. We are loving watching them grow and change, and amazed at how different they are. We hope to do better in the next month at taking more pictures and posting more frequently.
No comments:
Post a Comment