In the last week or so Matthan has really seemed to have grown in his ability to understand what we are saying and even to express to us what he is wanting. I'll post some of those things in a week or so after his 18 month check up. But one thing that Matthan did tonight was while he was sitting in his highchair after dinner...
Matthan: "Mommy, Diaper".
Me: "I'm going to put a new diaper on you in a minute before bed".
Matthan: "Mommy, stinky, stinky, stinky"
Me: "You have a stinky diaper? Ok, I'll change you in a minute"(thinking to myself, since when does he tell me that?)
It was then time to go up for bedtime routine and I noticed he didn't have a dirty diaper, so I wasn't sure why he had said all of that. I then changed him, put him in his crib, then changed Asher- who did happen to have a dirty diaper.
Matthan said "umm Mommy, stinky, stinky"
Me: "Yes, Asher has a stinky diaper"
Matthan: "Mommy, diaper, stinky."
I looked at him and could tell something wasn't quite right- I then realized that now he did have a stinky diaper. So- I was quite encouraged that maybe when we were downstairs he was starting to be able to know he was about to go to the bathroom- and of course was alerting me to that. Maybe our boy will be trying out the big boy potty earlier than expected. (I'm sure one day when he reads this he will be thrilled of my sharing our dialogue about his dirty diapers. ! :O)
Anyways- enjoy the pictures...
2 comments:
Love it Brandy! They are getting so big! We'll have to visit soon :)
In the pic where Matthan is wearing the John Deere hat I was genuinely confused...I couldn't figure out how Asher was walking already! In general I wouldn't have said they look a lot alike, but when you put a hat on Matthan I definitely can tell they are brothers!
Post a Comment