Asher turned 8 months old last week. He is changing SO much lately. I find myself wanting to freeze time so I can soak up all the "baby" left in him! For the past few weeks he has been pulling up on EVERYTHING! He really is a bit more eager to get moving than I recall Matthan being this time last year. Of course lots of pulling up means lots of falling down. So, we have to keep a close eye on this little guy. He loves hitting a ball with his hands and then crawling after it- very cute. He's reached that bittersweet stage where he is so excited to crawl or pull up on things he hardly wants to be held anymore. So sad- yet wonderful too. He is learning to be more independent, which is certainly a good thing. We just miss the extra snuggle times!
His stats are: Weight 21.8 lbs Height 28 inches.
Allergies/Eating: Asher is still primarily nursing with 1-2 formula (nutramagin) bottles a day. We have been trying foods here and there, however since doing so he's had more issues with eczema, hives, and restlessness. He also is having difficulty moving food to the back of his mouth- likely due to not introducing foods til now...but the nurse at our pediatrician's office recommends that we feed him with our finger instead of a spoon and see if that helps get him used to it all. So far it has helped, however with his increase in allergy symptoms we are trying to slow down so we can try to pinpoint what is causing him to react.
Sleep: As a result of his allergy symptoms returning, we are back to bedtimes requiring a lot of care for Asher. We therefore aren't jumping in full force to the sleep training. (letting him cry) This will happen soon enough though, as 8 months of Asher and I waking nearly every 1-2 hours (with the rare exception of a 4 hr stretch) is certainly taking its toll on us! And now that he is learning his new "skills" of pulling up and crawling all around- he likes to do those things the instant he wakes up. He is napping MUCH better- often taking 1.5-2.5 hr naps twice during the day in his crib. This is a great improvement from the 30 min to one hour nap-maybe twice a day unless he was held. So we hope we are headed in the right direction-and hopefully this time next month we'll be doing even better!! I must say though, despite not getting the amount of sleep his little body needs, he wakes every morning in such a wonderful mood. It really is a sweet way to start our day as a family.
He is babbling more, he says MaMa, Dada, BaBa. I'm not sure he knows what any of it means, although as of the last day or two he has been crawling to my feet- pulling up on my pant legs and saying Mama. So- I'm trying to count that as his first word!! :O)
He's still chewing on everything (with his two front teeth), but we don't see any new teeth about to pop through, so this could be a long teething season. He doesn't seem too bothered by it though.
He loves playing with Matthan and its so much fun to watch the two of them interact.
Asher continues to bring such joy to our home. He has the most precious laugh- and he is such a sweet, at times shy, little boy. We really are so blessed to have our boys.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! He is certainly a cutie! I love the picture of him sleeping on you. Very sweet. I will be praying for his (and yours) sleep.
WOW, The pictures are so incredible. First off Bran when you were a year old you only weighed in at 15 lbs., your brother at one year was 18 lbs., my point being is Asher Roo is going to be a big boy I think.I love the picture showing his teeth, scrunched nose and he and Matthan are mesmeized watching TV. Also in that picture (TV) I look at Matthan and I see Ethan. It is almost scary how much they remind me of each other. There were times when I nannied Ethan that I actually called him Bran! In the very first picture I thought Roo looked like he has a dark blue eye and a light blue eye. Its probably my eyes playing tricks on me. Love the hat on Asher and he has some "thigh pie" how cute. Of course I would be remiss if I didnt say how great the picture of Mark and Asha is and the one with Asher asleep in your arms Bran. By the way i really enjoy the music that plays while reading the blog. Thanks for continuing to do this. Love Mom, Mimi Just 3 more days, keep your fingers crossed.
Post a Comment