Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary: 3 years.


Three years ago today~many of our friends and family witnessed as we stood before the Lord and committed our lives to one another. It was the most beautiful day for many reasons. The Lord blessed us with PERFECT weather and all the plans we'd labored over for the weeks and months leading up to our special day had fallen into place. But, the most important part of our day was when we stated the following words...


I, Mark, take you, Brandy,

to be my wedded wife as a gift from God…

to love you with all my heart’s affections,

to be the spiritual leader of our home,

to protect, respect, cherish,

and to lay down my life for you.

To unite with you in the sharing of my name,

to share with you the grace of my God,

to have and to hold from this day forward,

for better, for worse,

for richer, for poorer,

in sickness and health,

to comfort and to cherish you,

to honor and keep you,

in joy and in sorrow,

and to preserve with you this bond,

holy and unbroken,

until God by death shall separate us.




I, Brandy, take you, Mark,

to be my wedded husband, as a gift from God –

to submit to you,

and accept you as my spiritual leader.

To honor you and respect you,

to have and to hold you from this day forward,

for better, for worse,

for richer and poorer,

in sickness and health,

to love, comfort, and keep you

in joy and sorrow

and to preserve with you this bond

holy and unbroken,

until God by death shall separate us.

Three years and two babies later, wow- life is FULL. We had no idea how much we'd depend upon the Lord's grace to carry us through each day. He's remained FAITHFUL to us, and while we always anticipated this would be true- experiencing it has made knowing Him all the more sweeter. Mark, thank you for loving me unconditionally. I remain grateful to the Lord that I have the privilege to be your wife.


Happy Anniversary. I love you.

Photo credit: Kristen Leigh Photography Engagement Pictures 2007

3 comments:

Will and Alycia Irish said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Hard to believe it's been three years. Hope you guys are able to get out to celebrate! =)

amy said...

happy anniversary, guys!!! what a testimony to see how the Lord has sustained you both and grown your love for each other.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary toyou both. I love you guys more than you can ever really imadine. Reading and remembering your vows from three years ago actually made me cry, not of sadness at all but it has gone by so fast for me, maybe because I am soooo old, but mainly because I am so happy for you both and truly love my grandbabies. I wish you 10 times more anniversary's. love Mom (shirley)