I cannot believe this is the last month that I can consider my oldest baby- still a 1 year old! We cannot believe he will soon be 2! This year has gone by so fast!
Matthan has started putting several words together in the past few days. Its cute to hear him express himself more. The other day I ran upstairs to get something and Asher cried as he noticed I'd left the room. I overheard Matthan say " It's ok baby, Mommy be back". Then one day after his nap he heard Asher crying in his crib- he said, "Lets get em Mommy". I told him he could go into his room- he ran in there and he said to Asher (who was screaming) "Its ok- I'm there, I'm there". So cute! Lately he has started occasionally calling me "Mom". What? I know I'm his mom, but there is something about being called "mom" that seems just plain weird and it adds like 15 years on how old I feel! My name is Mommy! :O)
He's certainly become more adventurous. He rides his rocket like its a real motorcycle. He's quite fast, making sharp turns at the last minute before crashing into things..like his little brother. He even tries to stack his rocket on top of his other riding toy then try to get on it! He's a wild one! He keeps asking if he can slide down the stairs instead of walking down them. So he tries to balance on the wood trim which is on the edge of the steps holding up the railing and he tries to slide! Crazy!
With all the pumpkin patches and things that we have done in the past month or so- Matthan often wakes in the morning telling me about animals and things. He'll just start saying "cows, tractors, roosters, trucks, goats, horsey's, chickens, and bunnies". So cute.

Going to sleep for nap and bedtime continues to be unpredictable. We cannot figure out what it's going to take for him to "get it" that when he is put in his bed, we aren't coming back until he either wakes in the morning or from his nap. Its like we have weeks where he hardly cries at all and then we are back to the loud screaming for weeks/months- etc. We've followed the same routine since he was 4 months old- so hopefully one day it will all make sense to him! :O) Thankfully once he goes to sleep, he sleeps wonderfully.
He continues to love singing Holy, Holy, Holy. He requests it every night at bedtime. He also can be heard singing it to himself in his bed or in his car seat when we are driving. Very sweet.
One big event this month is that Matthan & Asher's Mimi has moved to Maryland. So the boys are enjoying spending time with her.
Matthan Blue we love you so much. You keep us challenged and entertained each day! Watching you discover your little world is a tremendous blessing. We have so much to learn about being your mommy and daddy- and we are blessed to have you.
The pictures of Matthan in the blue striped Big Brother shirt- were taken by my friend Julie!

No comments:
Post a Comment