Today we had our appointment with the high risk physician. They did a sonogram and things look pretty good. The baby is growing rapidly- as expected! He now weighs about 5 lbs 6 ounces. His head is quite big (like his brother) and a C-section is still the plan. We still have 6 weeks to go before the C-section date, so he'll likely be close to the size Matthan was when he was born. We'll see.
I'm quite uncomfortable, especially in the evenings. They checked a few things to make sure everything is ok- and it appears my cervix is shortening (minimally). However they also did a test which lets them know if its probable that I will go into labor in the next two weeks...and thankfully the test came back negative. So that means, its UNLIKELY that I will go into labor in the next two weeks. So the discomfort I'm experiencing it likely due to this big baby resting in a not so comfy position for mommy! The sonogram picture was hard to see- so we'll hopefully get another one at the next appt and post that for you! Now we go weekly from here on out, so we'll have two appt's every week- the OB doctor and the high risk doctor. So we will be closely monitored for the next few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there baby girl, little Asher will be here before you know it. I love you and am so proud of you. love...mimi
ps...give Blue and Mark a squeeze for me.
Post a Comment