This little turkey inside my tummy has decided he absolutely would NOT be making his appearance before thanksgiving as planned. After 42 hours of attempting to induce labor...all it seems we accomplished was a trial run of painful contractions and minimal dilation. However, I am grateful for each centimeter we were able to gain...3 at that...so at least when we DO have active labor that's 3 cm less I have to gain!
While its been an emotional and physically draining process, we are grateful that Matthan continues to be healthy and clearly God has another day planned for him to be born. We are certainly hoping it's sooner rather than later...but now we wait. Mark has been wonderful throughout the whole process. When we decided to just come home and let nature takes its course, Mark reminded me of the benefits of waiting. He reminded me of how difficult things were for me when I was "waiting on the Lord" for Him to reveal to me if Mark would be my husband. It was a challenging yet sanctifying time, filled with questions, tears, frustrations..and finally realizing that what's most important is God's will and timing and not my own. I remember when the day did come (FINALLY ) when Mark proposed, quickly I was aware that God's timing was perfect and I wouldn't have changed one single detail or day of waiting. So, as we wait for our sweet baby boy- we cling to the promise God has made to us:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11
It's nice to know we are waiting on God, and not a doctor's opinion or some random sequence of events, or even Matthan himself...but its our Father in Heaven, the one who created our sweet boy- it is Him we are waiting for. It's sort of exciting not knowing when he will be here, it certainly causing a dependence on the Lord that is always needed, however, we continue to hope we get to meet "Matthan Blue" soon!
Thanks everyone for your prayers, we hope to annouce the arrival of our baby soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment