As we anticipate our baby boy arriving VERY SOON...I have found my heart filled with gratefulness as we enter the season of Thanksgiving. Last night, I was praying for our little boy and I considered the name we have chosen for him. Mark and I selected his name long before we were even married. We had heard a sermon on the genealogy of Jesus, and to our surprise Matthan is listed as, "the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ". (Matthew 1:15-16) Mark and I both made note of this name separately and then later discussed really liking the name. It wasn't until a couple years later, we married and then six months later, became pregnant with our son. We then looked up the name and found it's meaning, "Matthan" means Gift from God. We of course had no idea when we selected the name, or when we became pregnant that he would be born two days before Thanksgiving. In fact in 2010, Thanksgiving will be on his birthday!
Above all these unique circumstances, what stands out the most to us is that God knew. God knew our son's name, He knew when he would be conceived, and He selected the very day he would be born. God's word, reminds us of this truth..."For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!" (Psalm 139:13-17)
We are so undeserving of all the many gifts God has given to us. I am sure that this Thanksgiving our hearts will be full of MUCH JOY and GRATEFULNESS, but as my husband reminded me- God has always been good to us. Not just now that we are having a precious baby boy, or that he has heard our prayers and given us the desires of our hearts. No matter what each day brings, whether He gives to us or takes something away- He remains good. Giving thanks to God is the most important thing we should do each day, regardless of our circumstances. We look forward to teaching our son about Giving Thanks, not just at Thanksgiving, but always. As we have MUCH to be grateful for to God.
Some of the blessings I am particularly grateful for are first and foremost that God revealed Himself to my husband and I many years ago, saving us from the penalty of our sins.
- I am grateful that God led me across the country to be part of our church, the very place I met and married my husband.
- I am so grateful for the blessing of Mark, never could I have ever imagined that after all those years of praying for a Godly husband that I would be blessed with someone as amazing as him. He really is so wonderful to me, and has been so great especially these past 9 months. As I have been in and out of seasons of limitations, he has sacrificially served me daily. He consistently reflects the love of God to me, and for that I'll always be grateful. I am truly blessed to have him.
- I'm grateful that God has created this little boy in my womb and has sustained our pregnancy thus far.
- I am grateful for our families that surround us with love and support and are counting the days until our little one is here.
- I am grateful for our church and the care and prayers we have received from them.
- I am grateful to God for providing for our every need, every day of our lives, and specifically this season when many times it was hard to imagine how he would provide, though he always remained faithful.
- I am grateful that VERY SOON we will, God-willing, be holding our precious baby in our arms.
Brief update: We will be admitted tomorrow night to Frederick Memorial Hospital for the preparation to be induced on Tuesday. Lord willing, Matthan Blue Brandenburg will be with us on Tuesday, November 25, 2008! Update to come after he arrives...
3 comments:
Amen :) Giving thanks with you, can't wait for your little boy to come. I am just blown away by God's faithfulness to you over the years. What a joy it has been to get a front row seat.
We love you guys,
The Lews
Praying for you, Brandy! Can't wait until Matthan arrives. =)
I am praying for you and little Matthan Blue. Can't wait to meet him. - Lisa Simmons
Post a Comment