We were allowed to come home from the hospital today...much to our surprise. It was a surreal moment as we all got packed into our minivan and drove away with our baby. Matthan was completely oblivious to the fact that he had even left the hospital of course, but it was neat to bring him to our home and show him around.
Some of the highlights from our time at the hospital...
-Bonding with our baby- wow- how amazingly our love for him grew moment by moment. We are totally smitten with our little guy. It was also a sweet time to bond as a new little family.
-Family and Friends who were able to come meet Matthan and visit with us.
-Some great nurses who taught us lots about taking care of our new baby and who also seemed to enjoy Matthan.
-Watching Matthan have "play time"... One of the nurses told us to place him on his tummy and allow him to play and attempt to strengthen the muscles in his arms and neck. I watched him basically army crawl up his bassinet, and then later in the day when we attempted to get him to show off for Mark who missed the first performance; then our two day old baby was placed on his tummy and he, on his own rolled from his tummy to his back. We along with his nurse who said she had been doing this since the civil war- were stunned at his ability to do this so soon. We were concerned he may walk out of the hospital by the time we were discharged! :o)
Over all things are going pretty well- I am recovering slowly from the C-section..Mark is doing great in his new role as a Daddy, Matthan is doing well, except that he is jaundice-so home health came out today to set him up with the lighted blanket. We will follow up daily with the doctor to get billirubin levels drawn to determine the course of action from this point forward.
We are grateful to be home at last and eager to see what our new life will be like as a family. We remain grateful to God for this precious gift of our son!
6 comments:
So glad you are adjusting to being home. I still can't believe he is here! :) We can't wait to meet him.
so sweet. can't wait to meet him!
Isn't God so good to us. We'll be praying about his biliriben (sp?). I'm sure he'll work it out just fine.
I can't wait to meet your amazing son... so strong and precious! Thank you for sharing these snippets of your new life as a family of three! Love you.
Bran,
I am so sorry we have not been able to talk yet. I have been home with what I think is the flu since last Thurs. :( I just wanted to check and see if you had posted any new pictures... What a little "smoosh," as his Aunt Debbie would have said! My favorite is the one of Matthan and Mark...how precious! You three take care of each other. and enjoy these first days home as a little family! :)
Much Love,
Heather
Mark and Brandy,
He is just to cute. Cherish these moments, they grow so fast!!
Post a Comment