What a privilege it has been to sit back and watch my husband taking on his role as a new daddy. Long before Mark knew he wanted to be married one day he knew that he wanted to have children. (lots of children!) Watching him stare at Matthan, cuddle, soothe and love him is so amazing. While I cherish every moment we have with Matthan now, I also look forward to seeing all the ways that the two of them will bond in the years to come.
Mark is already an amazing husband and he has been wonderful in serving me as I have been healing from the surgery and adjusting to my own new role as a mommy. He is eager to help in anyway possible and it has been such a blessing to me. We have laughed at his eagerness to help out as its expressed in sudden outbursts of "IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?" in the middle of the night when he is suddenly awakened by Matthan's cries. At times I'll ask him to do something and he will immediately say, "Sure" and then I look over and he is in a deep sleep. So funny! He of course then does help out-but our adjustment to the lack of sleep has been an interesting one...
I am so blessed to have both of these men in my life.
God has been so good to me!
2 comments:
he so cute! matthan that is. not mark. heh heh. i'm glad we got to see your little boy yesterday.
Hey Brandy! WOW what an amazing blessing!! He is TOOO CUTE!!! I hope you are feeling better you guys are in my prayers! Being a mama is the BEST!!! LOVE YA
Tina Tomes Mitchell
Post a Comment