Dear Matthan Blue,
Today, a year ago, the Lord blessed us with your birth. It has been such an amazing blessing to be your Mommy. Daily I see the kindness of the Lord in giving you to your Daddy and me. When we selected a name for you we knew we wanted it to have a strong meaning. Matthan means, “Gift from the Lord”. There just couldn’t be a more appropriate name for you. We are so undeserving of having you as our son, and we take the responsibility of being your parents very seriously.
Matthan, I still remember our first night with you in the hospital. We had spent every moment we could cuddling and cooing over you, but eventually the time came when we needed to follow the advice of many wise parents who had gone before us. We needed to bring you to the nursery to sleep, so we could get some rest ourselves. I cried and cried, I knew I needed the rest, but I felt so sad that for nine months you’d been tucked securely in my tummy, and now you were all the way down the hall. I remember saying to your Daddy, "what if he wakes up and is looking for us, what if he thinks we left him"? Silly Mommy. Your Daddy graciously reassured me that you would be just fine, and he even went to check on you and you were having a wonderful time resting in your little box.
I was so eager to spend time with you whenever they would bring you to me to nurse. I just marveled at your sweetness, and what an honor it was to call you my son. Matthan, though a whole year has passed, we are still eager to spend time with you. Your Daddy and I still sometimes lovingly fight over who will go get you out of the bed in the morning- or better yet, we decide we’ll go together. You bring such joy to our home. We have watched you grow in so many ways, from hearing your sweet voice to seeing your preferences and personality develop. We have enjoyed every moment with you. We love you so much, and pray for the Lord’s help in raising you to love Him above all other things.
Happy Birthday my son. It’s a joy to be your Mommy. I celebrate this day with you and thank the Lord for all he has given us in blessing us with your life.
I love you Matthan Blue.
Love,

2 comments:
I didnt think I could get more worked up than last night but boy Bran you got me again. I am telling you, you should be a writer and write a book. You and Mark and Matthan will be so excited later in life that you have taken your time that is so minimal to begin with anyway to write this as often as you do. Please back these journals up because it would be tragic if the computer messed up. I am sorry Matthan Blue didnt appreciate my birthday song to him but I am sure he has already had a more than full day. I hope the three of you have a great evening with Blue. i love you all. God bless you Blue as well as Mom and Dad. You are so loved. Happy Birthday Mom.. mimi
Happy Birthday little buddy, we love you and can't wait to celebrate together soon :)
Post a Comment