(20 week sono pic- profile looks very similar to Matthan's at that time)
So yesterday we went for our 20 week ultrasound- for all the anatomy measurements and confirmation on the sex of the baby. As they were scanning, the baby was moving all around, all 13 ounces of the little one. As she measured the legs, arms- etc...we suddenly saw what appeared to be a baby turtle on the screen- I quietly gasped- followed by her announcement looks like you are having a BOY! A boy? A boy. Yep its a boy! She asked if that's what we were told last month- we told her no. She said- thats the problem with those early guesses. So just like that- I went from seeing "all things pink" to "blue".
Needless to say, we were shocked, especially me. However, we are very excited to be welcoming another little boy into our lives and we know Matthan will be so blessed to have a baby brother only 13 months younger than he will be.
(This is a picture of the cake we brought home to Mark's mom and Erika-as they were watching Matthan during our appt. It took a moment to notice that it says "It's a BOY" instead of "Girl" since we got it written in pink letters! They were shocked to say the least! )
Other exciting news is that the same day my sister in law-Crystal had her 20 wk sonogram and she who has twin boys (who will be 2 in October), will also be having another boy. We are due only a week apart from each other. So- come January we will have 5 boys under the age of 2 1/2. Crazy! Our own basketball team.
The baby looks good- already measuring a week ahead of our due date, so this might be another Big Boy! We'll see.
3 comments:
Matthan will truly be thrilled to have a brother so close in age and they will always be very close. This is what God has planned for you guys at least thus far but who knows what the next Brandenburg, if there is one, will be. They (the children of God are all wonderful, boys or girls either way its a blessing and a miracle. A boy or girl are undescribable. You laugh, you cry, but they fill your heart like nothing else. I have both as you know Bran (girl and boy) and wouldnt trade it for the world. Five of each would have made me just as happy. Love to you guys and what a sweet thought about the cake. I bet Rhonda and Dwight are overwhelmed and joyful. I love you guys and miss you terribly. Looking forward to October. mimi
It's gonna be so fun Bran! I didn't think I would, but I LOVE having 2 boys this close together! Obviously the next one has to be a girl, but for now these boys are a blast! :) Say hi to Crystal for me too and congrats on their boy. Hope to see you soon! Love ya!
So very exciting, Brandy! I can only imagine your surprise - but what a delight to anticipate two little boys exploring their world together! Yay!
Love you,
-debbie
Post a Comment