Yesterday was quite a day for us. It started at 5am with Asher projectile vomiting all over me in bed after a feeding. This was the second time he'd done this in a couple days, so I knew we should check in with the doctor. We called and they said they needed to see him later that day.
After a super busy day, we arrive at the doctor and I was waiting to meet Mark in the parking lot. Mark called to let me know he's running late, so I decided I'd put Matthan in his stroller and carry Asher into the doctors office, and Mark can meet us inside. So...I fasten Matthan into his stroller, put the brake on in the back of the stroller, and go to get Asher out of the van. Suddenly Matthan throws himself forward, I suppose as an attempt to get out of the stroller- and the entire thing flips over..slamming Matthan into the concrete. I was totally panicked trying to get Matthan out of the upside down stroller- I had no idea it was possible for a 14 month old to flip the stroller over while strapped in and with the brake on. While Matthan was clearly upset, he handled the injury quite well. Below are a few pictures...


Meanwhile, we arrive late to Asher's appointment...they checked him out- his stomach seemed ok as far as they can tell. He isn't running a fever- and he has gained a pound in the past week...now weighing 12.8. However, the projectile vomiting just started so we don't know yet if it will affect his weight, or if its an indicator of another problem. He's been very sleepy and eating very little the past two days, so we are continuing to watch him. He has had another episode of the vomiting today, so- this may all be the beginning of something. The doctor increased his Zantac dose as they are assuming this is part of his reflux. We'll see how things go over the next couple days.

So that's the most recent update...hope to post more pictures soon.
After a super busy day, we arrive at the doctor and I was waiting to meet Mark in the parking lot. Mark called to let me know he's running late, so I decided I'd put Matthan in his stroller and carry Asher into the doctors office, and Mark can meet us inside. So...I fasten Matthan into his stroller, put the brake on in the back of the stroller, and go to get Asher out of the van. Suddenly Matthan throws himself forward, I suppose as an attempt to get out of the stroller- and the entire thing flips over..slamming Matthan into the concrete. I was totally panicked trying to get Matthan out of the upside down stroller- I had no idea it was possible for a 14 month old to flip the stroller over while strapped in and with the brake on. While Matthan was clearly upset, he handled the injury quite well. Below are a few pictures...
Meanwhile, we arrive late to Asher's appointment...they checked him out- his stomach seemed ok as far as they can tell. He isn't running a fever- and he has gained a pound in the past week...now weighing 12.8. However, the projectile vomiting just started so we don't know yet if it will affect his weight, or if its an indicator of another problem. He's been very sleepy and eating very little the past two days, so we are continuing to watch him. He has had another episode of the vomiting today, so- this may all be the beginning of something. The doctor increased his Zantac dose as they are assuming this is part of his reflux. We'll see how things go over the next couple days.
So that's the most recent update...hope to post more pictures soon.
1 comment:
oh bran, these are all too precious and I also looked at Lisa's precious. Blues head looks pretty rough and the picture of Asher looking at you just made we tear up. Still counting the days, 7 to go til I am there wiith my family. love mimi
Post a Comment