Tuesday, February 2, 2010

fourteen & four


Today is a big day for my boys! Matthan turns 14 months and Asher is four weeks old! Who would have thought that this day would come. I know that sounds silly- but many moments come when I am just blown away at the blessings the Lord has given us. Two precious boys that we have been entrusted to love, train, and disciple. Matthan is one busy 14 month old. He loves playing with his "little people" animals, reading books, reading his word cards, and watching Word World. He is talking a lot, it was really cute this morning when I went to get Matthan out of bed, he said "My Daddy?" He has really enjoyed all his Daddy time, and often prefers him to Mommy! He is also jumping into the "training" phase quicker than we'd have expected. But I'm reminded that training our children really is loving them- and while it can be challenging, it too is a gift. I don't have stats to report on Matthan just yet- he goes back for a check up next month. But we are guessing him to be weighing in at around 30 pounds. He is getting taller too, as his clothes lately appear to be quite short... so, either my washing skills aren't up to par or he is in fact growing! :O)


Our Asher is becoming more and more alert finally! We were just amazed at how much this little one sleeps during the day. He's sleeping fairly well at night- waking about every 3 hours. He is doing great. His gas pain seems to be much improved, without my needing to restrict my intake of dairy. He is just a delight to have in our family- we are really enjoying his sweet demeanor. He returns to the doctor next week so we'll post updates on his stats!

No comments: