I'm not sure how often I've mentioned it here on our blog, but Matthan has had a bit of an issue with transitioning from baby food. He LOVES the plain ole' baby food, and apparently feels no need to move on to big boy food. The strange thing is, for months while eating baby food, he also loved to eat fresh fruit and steamed veggies, all in whole form. Now, not so much. One day he loves these foods, and the next he adamantly refuses to eat them. He will however, consistently eats all things crunchy...crackers, veggie sticks, bacon, etc. He also loves french fries, and occasionally will eat a bite of chicken- but not usually. I have thickened his baby food, mixed the real food with the baby food all to no avail. I can't figure out what the issue is. We have considered that he is getting his back teeth- so that might be contributing. He may just want control over what he's eating- so he's rebelling. (not good.) He may just not like the taste of these foods. I'm reminded he isn't likely to stay in this phase forever (I sure hope not)! Some have suggested maybe he doesn't like the texture of the regular food. This is what leads me to this blog post. The other day when I went to get Matthan up from his nap, this is what I found....
In case it's hard to tell from the picture- a significant portion of the front cover of this book is missing. It didn't tear off, there wasn't some unfortunate accident, it was clearly EATEN. Evidenced by the fact that it was still wet when I found it! Lovely. Then I considered...texture. Just what kind of texture does my boy want? Little stinker!
2 comments:
Congratulations...
I check in periodically on your updates, the boys are just gorgeous, even that older one. Thought I would add my 2 cents worth here, is he feeding himself? If not, you may want to try that, sometimes a little independence can do the trick.
This definitely gives a whole new meaning to the phase "he really devoured that book".
Love to you all...
That is absolutely hysterical. I hope he enjoyed it and have you seen the results of him eating that page yet. God love him he is just a picky (kinda) unlike when you were a little tyke. You would eat anything and the better it was for you the better you enjoyed it. Its a phase , always remember that. I am counting the days til March 1. See you guys then. Love to all. Mimi
Post a Comment